Martin Luther Daycare continues to operate during the COVID-19 Pandemic in compliance with municipal, provincial and federal legislation and guidelines. As such, programs and services may be limited and restricted at times.
Effective March 28, 2022, the programs will resume regular operating hours (7 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday).
All our programs continue to operate with enhanced environmental cleaning, sanitizing, and hand hygeiene procedures.
- All staff, children, essential visitors must complete daily COVID-19 screening requirements prior to arrival. The screening app for entry to child care and schools can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/. Results do not need to be verified and records are not maintained by the Centre, but children, staff, parents/guardians of children and/or visitors must not attend the child care program or enter onto the premises when they are ill, and must report any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or any illness to the Supervisor and or designate immediately.
- The Centre will comply with the most recent guidelines and directions from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and/or Toronto Public Health, to address exclusion and return to care, for children and employees who are ill and/or test positive or an identified contact for COVID-19.
- Federal guidelines will be referred to for children, employees, or visitors who are returning from travel outside of Canada. If you have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, then please advise the staff prior to arrival for direction.
- Vaccination continues to be the best defense against COVID-19 and all eligible individuals (children and adults) are encourage to get your vaccines if you are able. Effective March 14, 2022, the instructions issued to vaccination disclosure policies will be revoked, and MLCC will no longer be required to collect proof of COVID-19 vaccinations, medical exemptions, or completion of an education program from employees; complete asymptomatic screening requirements for individuals who do not provide proof of full vaccination; or report vaccination status to the Ministry of Education or results of use of Rapid Antigen Testing to the Ministry of Health.
Arrival and Departure:
- Parents may drop off/pick up children by accessing main entrances via the playground area and based on their own schedule/needs. For the time being, parents should not enter classrooms, but drop off / pick up a the classroom door, with exception for the toddler room, where only 2 parents (max) are permitted in the classroom at any time and only at the cubby area.
- Only 1 adult per child should enter the premises for pick up and drop off of children – this is to minimize clusters of people and unnecessary gatherings indoors.
Masking and PPE:
- Masks are no longer required by children, employees, or visitors, but all are welcome to continue to wear masks if they wish. MLCC emphasizes the importance each persons individual decision to mask or not mask and should refrain from comments to any other person.
- Parents/guardians should provide written requests for educators to enforce masking with your child. Parents remain responsible to provide at least two to three non-medical mask(s) or face covering each day and should be reminded that if children are wearing masks, they will require a way to store their mask when not in use.
- Opening windows (as much as is possible) and HEPA filters will continue to be used in each classroom during operating hours.
- Unauthorized visitors should continue to call the centre to make appointments before arriving to ensure the person you are meeting with is available and to avoid gatherings of individuals in and around the child care centre.
***THE COVID-19 POLICY IS PROVIDED TO EACH FAMILY UPON ENROLLMENT AND EACH TIME A CHANGE IS MADE***