Martin Luther Daycare continues to operate with modified hours and operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic, and in compliance with municipal, provincial and federal legislation and guidelines. As such, programs and services may be limited and restricted at times. At present our toddler and preschool programs are operating Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our school age programs (ages 4 to 12 years) are currently operating on two different schedules. On regular school days the school age program operates from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on non-instructional days such as PA days, Christmas, March Break, etc. This will take effect for the 2021-22 school year or until further notice.
All our programs continue to operate with enhanced environmental cleaning, sanitizing, hand washing and staff/child ratios.
- All staff, children, essential visitors must complete daily COVID-19 screening requirements prior to admittance. The screening app for entry to child care and schools can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/. Results can be emailed to email@example.com OR printed and provided to staff at drop off. The date and time on the verification must align with the date and time of drop off.
- Non-essential visitors (including parents unless necessary) are not permitted into the centre – drop off and pick up will take place at designated areas/times outdoors
- Children and staff are ‘cohorted’ by age group to eliminate or minimize contact with children/staff outside of the cohort.
- Enhanced staffing (above and beyond required ratios) is provided in each group to meet additional care, supervision and cleaning requirements.
- Child care staff must use required PPE (mask and eye shield) while indoors and use a face mask when outdoors if they are not able to maintain social distance (2 m / 6 ft).
- All school age children (kindergarten and school age children) are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering while inside a child care setting, including in hallways.
- All younger children (toddler and preschool)) are encouraged but not required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering while inside a child care setting, including in hallways.
- Masks are not recommended for children under the age of two.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for providing their child(ren) with at least two to three non-medical mask(s) or face covering each day and should be reminded that if children are wearing masks, they will require a way to store their mask when not in use.
***THE COVID-19 POLICY IS PROVIDED TO EACH FAMILY UPON ENROLLMENT AND EACH TIME A CHANGE IS MADE***