REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
Prior to the child’s admission parent/guardian’s will be escorted on a tour of the facility. During the tour you may observe the the physical layout of the Centre, be introduced to staff members on duty, review daily routines and determine if any program adaptations such as feeding protocols, special diets or specialized equipment is required. Families will receive a Parent Handbook (includes applicable policies and procedures) and Registration Package that must be reviewed, completed in full, and signed off on prior to the child’s admission.
Once a start date has been confirmed, we can discuss a gradual admission plan to ensure a child’s transition into care is successful, and any additional support that may be required can be accessed.
Prior to the child’s admission, MLCC must receive:
- Completed/signed Registration Package
- Child’s up to date immunization record and/or notarized exemption form if required
- Fee Payment Policy and Agreement signed and fees paid in full to cover the remainder of the month of admission
** NOTE: During COVID-19 (until further notice) registration procedures will take place remotely (video or telephone conferencing) and forms will be shared electronically**
WAIT LIST POLICY & PROCEDURES
Martin Luther Child Care complies with CCEYA, 2014 in respect to child care wait list fees and to manage the admissions fairly, effectively and transparently.
Martin Luther Child Care does not charge fees in order to place a child on a wait list or charge fees related to administration of enrolling new children (described in section 75.1 of Ontario Regulation 137/15).
- Martin Luther Child Care maintains a wait list with first-come/first-served approach (with exception to priority given to staff currently working and siblings currently enrolled in MLCC).
- Martin Luther Child Care provides prospective clients with a best approximation of their child’s status upon request.
- Parent/guardians may request a preferred start date but enrollment dates cannot be guaranteed until a vacancy is confirmed and official start date offered.
- Martin Luther Child Care wait list is managed by the Centre Supervisor to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all children/families.
Once the placement availability is determined the families of eligible children are contacted according to their ‘wait list date’ and as per the priorities listed above. MLCC will contact the parent/guardians using the contact information provided on the wait list application. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardians to notify MLCC of any change to contact information. Once contacted, the space will be held for 24-hours in order to allow for a response. If there is no response then the Supervisor will move to the next person on the list, etc.